Public service loan forgiveness

If you have federal Direct Loans, including Direct Consolidation Loans, you may be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, also called PSLF

If you make ten (10) years of qualified monthly payments while serving in the military or employed at a government or non-profit entity, you may be able to get the balance of your loans forgiven. For more information, contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau  8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. 

Phone: (855) 411-CFPB | (855) 411-2372

TTY/TDD: (855) 729-CFPB | (855) 729-2372

More than 180 languages available

Fax: (855) 237-2392


Quick links