See below for positions currently available with Lexington Parks & Recreation, or click the link below to view additional positions and other city jobs.
Current job openings
Extended School Program (ESP)
- Lexington’s Extended School Program (ESP) is in search of recreation leaders for its after-school programs, for the Fall 2021 semester. Recreation leaders are in charge of a group of elementary-aged children and are expected to monitor student behavior, program activities, and other duties as assigned.
- Monday – Friday, 2 – 6 p.m. No weekends. Can work with most schedules.
- Contact Leslie Adams (email@example.com) for more information.
- The position performs ground maintenance duties including, but not limited to planting and weeding horticultural beds, mowing and string trimming of turf areas, trash and debris removal in parks, cleaning public restrooms and special event support.
- The salary range is $11.75 to 12.75 per hour.
- Individuals must be the minimum requirements of being 18 years of age or older.
- To apply, visit the Masterson Skilled Trade Base at 3544 Shamrock Lane.
- Golf Course Maintenance/Landscaping
- To apply, fill out the position interest form.
Interested in volunteering with Parks & Recreation? We have a comprehensive volunteer program that gives residents an opportunity to leave a lasting impact on Parks & Recreation facilities, green spaces and programs. Volunteer activities can be short-term, such as morning planting trees, or long-term, such as being a therapeutic recreation buddy for outings or classes.