Office of Diversity & Inclusion
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion works to promote an inclusive workplace culture throughout the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government. Additionally, this office seeks to create an environment in which each employee feels respected, valued and appreciated for their own identity.
Duties of this office include:
- Partnering with the private sector, not-for-profit organizations, community leaders and academic institutions;
- Opening the government’s recruiting channels to ensure a more diverse pool of candidates for available positions, leadership roles, and board or commission appointments;
- Working with and advising City administrators on handling diversity-related matters when needed;
- Serving as a representative of the government at diversity-related events; and
- Helping train and educate all employees to create a culture of inclusion and not exclusion.
- The Office of Diversity & Inclusion is under the Office of the CAO.