The Lexington Police Department is a great place to grow your career!
For additional information, contact a Lexington Police Recruiter:
Call: (859) 425-2325
Salary and incentive pay
- Starting salary in Police Academy – $38,688
- First year salary $40,701 + benefits $8,068 = $48,769
- Additional college incentive pay – up to $1,500 for Bachelor's Degree
- KLEFPF (Kentucky Law Enforcement Foundation Program Fund) – $4,000
• Take-home vehicle (Available out-of-county)
• $100 monthly subsidy for personal cell phone
• $500 annual uniform allowance
• $530.74 per month credit toward flexible benefits package: health, dental, vision
• $4,000 KLEFPF funding annually
• Paid sick leave, vacation time, holiday time
• 4/10 work schedule with 3 days off, fixed shifts and shift differential pay
• Non-residential police academy (Recruits go home at the end of each day.)
• Fitness facility
• Mentoring program
• Retirement and pension plan for 25 years of service
• Life and disability insurance
• 401K and 457 deferred compensation plans
• G.I. Bill benefits program
• Associate’s and Master’s Degree programs (Earn Associate’s Degree upon graduating the academy.)
• Up to $2,000 per year tuition reimbursement program towards educational degree (credit hours)
• Foreign language program
Prior or current military benefits
The Lexington Police Department values your service as a member of the United States Armed Forces. Whether you are discharged and looking for a new career or if you are currently serving in reserve status, the department looks forward to seeing you in one of our uniforms. We have many former and currently serving members of the military as employees of our agency.
Some of the benefits you will receive include:
- Veterans preference points for police recruit testing.
- 21 days of paid military leave annually. Any leave unused will roll over to the following year.
- If you are deployed, you will maintain your LPD salary.
- Military liaison officer who assists and follows up with officers/soldiers during deployment.
- GI Bill reimbursement while attending the training academy.
For more information regarding the GI Bill go to: http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Info/benefits.htm
You took on a commitment to protect and serve our nation. The Lexington Police Department is looking for men and women like you, who possess integrity, respect, leadership skills and ambition. If you are looking to transition, we can offer you a rewarding career with endless opportunities.