Reforest the Bluegrass is Lexington's annual tree planting event. In 2022, the traditional Reforest event will be held on April 9, location TBD.
- More than 195 acres of floodplains restored
- More than 17,500 volunteers involved
- More than 150,000 tree seedlings planted
- Around 65% first-year survival rates
- Fewer than $175,000 of local government funds spent
- More than $130,000 private funds raised
- If plantings had been contracted out, they would have cost $1.2 million.
Reforest at Home is scheduled for Saturday, April 16, with pick up locations throughout Lexington. Fayette County residents can pre-order specific species to pick up at the site of their choice - while supplies last. Tree seedlings are free with households limited to three. Registration will open up in late March. Trees not claimed through pre-registration will be available at the distribution sites on a first come, first served basis.
GOLDEN OAK SPONSORS
Kentucky American Water
SILVER MAPLE SPONSORS
John’s Run/Walk Shop
Big Beaver Tree Service
BRONZE PINE SPONSORS
Big Bang Customs
Paul Miller Ford/Fortune Collision