In urban areas, trees provide many environmental, economic and social benefits.
- Improve air and water quality
- Offset greenhouse gas emissions
- Provide habitat and food for wildlife
- Lower energy use
- Reduce stormwater runoff
- Raise property value
- Create gathering spaces
- Encourage outdoor activity
- Contribute to healthier people, emotionally and physically
The tree benefit calculator allows anyone to make a simple estimation of the benefits individual street-side trees provide. Use this tool to calculate the economic benefits of your tree!