Last updated Wednesday April 2 at 2 p.m.
Please call ahead if you are unsure if an event has been canceled.
Government buildings are closed to walk-in visitors, effective Monday, March 23.
Parks and Recreation
The following areas are currently closed to the public:
- Raven Run Nature Sanctuary
- McConnell Springs
- All playgrounds
- All sport courts
- All restrooms in parks
- All parking lots connected to a park
- Golf Courses
- Rental Facilities
- Jacobson Boat Dock
Our parks are still open. Consider visiting one of your smaller neighborhood parks. Please do not meet up with members outside your household and practice safe social distancing from others.
All Parks events hosted or permitted by the City or held in a City facility will be postponed or canceled. All Community Centers are closed. Parks facilities will not be available for rental, for example, neighborhood buildings.
All closures apply through April 5, when we will reevaluate.
Fire Stations are closed to public walk-in traffic, except during times of emergency.
- Electronic Waste Center
- Wellington Park Clean-Up
- Community Storm Drain Painting
- Reforest the Bluegrass
- Free Trash Disposal Day
- Household Hazardous Waste Day
- Mulch Giveaway
- Reforest 5K is now a virtual event
- Intro to Geocaching
Water Week Activities
- Stitch it, don't pitch it
- Water Week Picnic in the Park
- All City boards and commissions, except Planning Commission, Police and Fire Pension Board, and Civil Service Commission.
- Public Arts Commission Meadowthorpe Park Focus Group
Lexington Senior Programs
The following centers are closed:
- Senior Center
- Charles Young Center
- Bell House
- Black and Williams Center