Do you have outdated or unwanted yard signs taking up space at your place? Don’t trash them – let us repurpose them!
Lexington’s Department of Environmental Quality and Public Works is once again collecting unwanted yard signs and stakes for reuse. Last year, we collected 1,850 signs.
Yard signs and stakes are not recyclable. Residents should not put them in blue recycling carts, as they can damage recycling equipment. The signs will be reused by local businesses for art projects and the city will repurpose the wire frames for Safe Streets yard signs.
Collection bins will be at the following locations through Sunday, November 17, 2019:
- Broomwagon Coffee + Bikes (800 North Limestone)
- Gainesway Community Center (3460 Campus Way)
- Good Foods Co-Op (455-D Southland Drive)
- Government Center (200 East Main Street)
- Kenwick Community Center (313 Owsley Avenue)
- Lexington Senior Center (195 Life Lane)
- Pivot Brewing (1400 Delaware Avenue)
- West Sixth Brewing (501 West Sixth Street)
Those who have a large number of signs should email email@example.com to arrange a drop-off at the Government Center.
Collection sites are still being added. For an up-to-date list, visit www.LexingtonKY.gov/LiveGreen or follow @LiveGreenLex on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.