Lexington’s Fraternal Order of Firefighters (FOF) is asking citizens to help make the holidays brighter for hundreds of Lexington kids by donating to the 88th Annual Firefighter Toy Program.
Last year’s Toy Program served more than 2,200 children and firefighters have set a goal to provide toys to at least as many children this year.
Donations from individuals, churches, community and civic groups, and local businesses keep the program running, and will be accepted at all Lexington fire stations. A variety of toys such as dolls, bikes, balls, action figures, games, etc. will be accepted for boys and girls ages infant to 12 years old. All toys should be new & unwrapped.
Applications for children to receive toys from the Firefighter Toy Program will begin on Monday, November 4. Applicants must apply in person at 3180 Richmond Rd. (formerly Walmart) during the following dates & times:
Nov. 4 – 21
Monday – Wednesday | 9 a.m.– 2 p.m.
Thursday | 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday – Sunday | closed
- The person applying must be the legal guardian or parent of the child.
- The person applying must have a valid and current ID. The ID must have the same address as the application address.
- The person applying must have proof of Fayette County residence in the form of a lease or utility bill. Note: Food stamp information, insurance bills, and social security information MAY NOT be used as proof of residence.
- The person applying must have the child’s birth certificate or a letter of attendance from a Fayette County school. Social Security cards are not necessary and cannot be used in place of birth certificates.
- The child must be between the ages of birth to 12 years old.
For more information, contact the FOF at (859) 523-9576 or visit lfdfof.org.