Under the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965 ( Public Law 88-578), individuals are afforded the opportunity to express their views concerning the recreational needs of their community. To provide a forum for discussion, Lexington Parks & Recreation will be hosting an open meeting on:
Date: Friday, Aug. 6
Time: 2 p.m.
Location: McConnell Springs Education Facility
416 Rebmann Lane | Lexington, KY 40504
The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the following Land and Water Conservation Fund project which includes several components that will ensure repairs and improvements at Raven Run.
1) Trail repairs to preserve the ecological balance required for healthy trails.
2) Meadow improvement to remove invasive species.
3) Improvement of the rainwater collection system.
4) Improve signage along the meadow.
5) Implementation of a transportation system for individuals with limited mobility.
6) Enhancement of the wetland features.
The public is invited to review and voice their opinion on the proposed activities and potential impacts of the project. Any wishing to support or oppose the proposed project can submit written comments to Suzanne Leibee – email@example.com by Wednesday, August 4.