Primary Elections take place on May 17, 2022. To vote with an absentee ballot by mail, use the online portal at govoteky.com to request your absentee ballot no later than May 3, 2022, by 11:59 p.m. Once your application is submitted, your ballot will be mailed. This method of voting is only available to certain qualified voters. Both mail-in ballots or ballots placed in the dropbox should be received no later than May 17, 2022, by 6 p.m.
In-person excuse absentee voting will be conducted May 4 – 6 and May 9 – 11 at the County Clerk’s Office at 162 E Main St. from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. This voting method is restricted to voters who meet the specific qualifying reasons such as hospitalization of voter or voter’s spouse, third trimester of pregnancy, and election officers tasked with administration in the current election cycle.
Early voting is available to any registered voter. This will be conducted on Thursday, May 12, Friday, May 13 and Saturday, May 14, preceding election day. Early voting will be held at Kroger Field from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Voters will enter The blue lot off of Alumni Drive and follow the signage into the stadium.
Election Day is available to any registered voter. Voters will receive a mailer with their precinct, and voting location included. Voters can also find this information and a sample ballot online. Election Day is May 17. Voting is available from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Important dates to remember include:
- May 3, 2022 – The last day to request absentee ballots
- May 4 – 6 and May 9 – 11, 2022 – In-person excused absentee voting
- May 12 – 14, 2022 – Early voting
- May 17, 2022 – Election day
- Ballot drop box – located in front of the Fayette County Clerk’s office at 162 E. Main St.
- In-person excused absentee voting – Fayette County Clerk’s office at 162 E. Main St.
- Early voting – Kroger Field, enter the Blue Lot off of Alumni Drive
- Election day voting locations.