On Feb. 19, Lexington Parks & Recreation will temporarily close Jacobson Dog Park for repairs.
The significant rain over the past few weeks has left the Jacobson Dog Park with a lot of mud. In order to reestablish grass in this well-used dog park, a temporary closure is needed.
“We want everyone to have an enjoyable experience while visiting our dog parks,” said Monica Conrad, Director of Parks & Recreation. “We need a temporary closure so we can give this area the attention it deserves.”
Lexington has several other dog parks including:
- Coldstream Park, 1850 Piscano Dr.
- Masterson Station Park, 3051 Leestown Road
- Wellington Park, 565 Wellington Way
- Pleasant Ridge Park, 1350 Pleasant Ridge Park
- Phoenix Park, 100 E. Main St.
The reopening date of the dog park will depend on the weather.
For more information regarding the public dog parks in Lexington, follow Lexington Parks & Recreation on Facebook or visit the city's website.