The Lexington Senior Center and its satellite locations (Bell House, Charles Young Center and Black and Williams Center) have been approved to re-open beginning Friday, June 11, 2021.
What activities will be offered?
We will open with just a few activities and add more as time goes by. The Lexington Senior Center will start with group fitness classes, fitness center workouts, billiards and library time. Our satellite centers will have group fitness and some art classes available.
How can I attend these activities?
Participants may begin attending the Senior Center on Friday, June 11, at 8 a.m. Participants are required to sign in using the MySeniorCenter kiosks located at the front desk and upstairs. This will ensure a reserved spot in the in-person fitness classes.
Can I attend multiple activities each day?
Yes! There is no limit to how many activities a participant can attend in a day.
Can I stop by the Center and visit with friends for coffee?
Yes! The Center will be open for drop ins and coffee will be served by a volunteer.
What about art and music classes?
At this time, Lexington Senior Center art classes will remain virtual through Zoom only. Limited art classes will be offered at the satellite centers. We hope to be able to add art and music to our in-person offerings in the near future. Watch for more detailed information in our LSC newsletters.
What about bingo, cards, table tennis and lunch?
These activities will need to wait. We hope to be able to add bingo, card games and table tennis to our offerings in the near future, as CDC guidelines change. Lunch is offered on a drive-through basis Tuesday – Thursday. Contact Emily Dahlman at the center for details.
What precautions are you taking to insure our safety?
- All staff members are required to take temperature and acknowledge they are free of COVID symptoms daily.
- Masks are available for all in the building.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available.
- Multi-stall restrooms have limited capacity. All restrooms are cleaned and sanitized hourly.
- Social distancing is required and will be enforced for all group activities.
- Water fountains are for bottle refill use only.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will be performed after each activity.
- Aircuity technology is available through the Lexington Senior Center, which brings in fresh air from outside at regular intervals. Satellite centers will open windows where possible.
- Air cleaners/purifiers have been installed in the group fitness and fitness center areas at the Lexington Senior Center.