Residents and businesses with city waste collection service are provided a green roll cart for landfill-bound waste. If you do not have a green cart, request one by calling LexCall at 311 or (859) 425-2255 or online. Material placed in the green cart must be bagged. Do not overload your cart. If it will not roll, the 200 pound weight limit has been exceeded. Overloaded carts will not be picked up.
Most bulky items, such as chairs and desks, are collected from the curb on your regular collection day. Mattress, box spring, sofa, appliance, and tire collections need to be scheduled. Mattresses and box springs should be laid flat when placed on the curb. Tires must be off the rim; a maximum of four tires will be collected in a week. To schedule a special item collection, call LexCall at 311 or (859) 425-2255. You can also submit a service request online or using the LexCall mobile app. Please consider donating items in good condition to a local charity, such as Habitat for Humanity ReStore, Salvation Army, Kentucky Refugee Ministries or Goodwill.
Set out times:
As is the case with all carts, your green trash cart and bulky items should be placed on the curb no earlier than 4 p.m. the day before your collection and no later than 5 a.m. on the day of your collection. Carts must be removed from the curb by 7 p.m. on your collection day. FIND YOUR COLLECTION DAY.
Residents can request additional green carts. There is a one-time $60 container fee and an additional $4.50 monthly landfill fee for additional green trash carts on the LexServe bill. Call LexCall to receive more information or to request an extra cart.
Businesses are allotted two carts. Additional carts can be requested. If approved, there will be a one-time charge of $60 for each additional cart. There will also be a $4.50 monthly landfill fee for each additional cart. That fee will appear on your LEXserve bill.
Please leave at least three feet between each cart and other objects.
- If you have a medical issue that prevents you from rolling the cart to the curb and have no one to assist you, you may be eligible for a medical exemption. Call LexCall at 311 or (859) 425-2255 for more information or request a medical exemption form through email. You can also download the form.
- Residents and nonprofits that need to dispose of large amounts of landfill-bound waste may want to consider participating in the Loan-a-box program.
Green trash cart: Acceptable items
- Non-recyclable household waste
- Solidified grease
- Packing materials
- Pet waste, double bagged in plastic
- Needles and syringes, secured in a coffee can or milk jug
Green trash cart: Unacceptable items
- Hot ashes and charcoal
- Bricks, dirt, building material, metal car parts or other excessively heavy material
- Paint (Must be solidified with dirt, kitty litter or sand and placed beside the green cart for collection.)
- Solvents, flammable liquids, pesticides and other hazardous wastes
- Motor oil
- Medical waste (Call 425-2255 for safe disposal procedures)
- Yard waste