Lexington's skateparks allow for skaters to practice in a modern and safe environment.
All skate parks will close each evening at dark.
Berry Hill Skate Park
3489 Buckhorn Dr.
The 18,000 square-foot facility features and obstacles will appeal to skateboards, bikers and skaters of all skill levels. Amenities include a flow bowl, snake run, street section, stairs and rails. Some of the concrete in the skate park was stamped with horseshoes and stylized to mimic limestone while one of the metal rails features galloping thoroughbreds.
Kirklevington Skate Park
369 Redding Rd.
This skate park was designed to offer “street” elements that are different than those found at the Woodland Skate Park while at the same time being complementary. This facility includes skateable benches, jersey barrier, grinding rail, concrete boxes and a variety of other obstacles for both beginners and more advanced skaters.
Valley Park Skate Spot
2077 Cambridge Drive
Valley Park Skate Spot is Lexington’s newest skating facility. It is 6,200 square feet and was completed in the fall of 2016. Featuring obstacles similar to those found a Kirklevington Skate Spot but different than those found at Woodland or Berry Hill Skate Park. Valley Park Skate Spot has a variety of angled banks, ledges, rails and hump ramps more similar to a sculpture garden than a skatepark.
Woodland Skate Park
600 E. High St.
This 12,000 square foot facility features a variety of ramps, platforms, bowls and pipes. It offers a great skating experience for beginners while at the same time, challenges the most experienced skaters. This is a skate park only – not a bike park.
Rules and regulation
- Know your abilities and skate at your own risk.
- Children, 17 and under, should have parental supervision.
- Skating permitted during park hours only.
- Users are encouraged to wear helmet, knee pads and elbow pads.
- Horseplay, shoving, and/or fighting will not be tolerated.
- Glass containers are not allowed within the fenced skating area.
- No other items such as benches, tables, or other objects may be used as ramps or jumps in the facility.
- No skating against traffic on ramps/pipes.
- Do not proceed down a ramp until clear of other skaters.
- Certain weather conditions such as snow, ice, or wet surfaces can affect ramps and surface conditions.
- Please do not overcrowd facility.
- Smoking, eating and drinking allowed outside of facility only.
- No spectators inside skating area.
- KRS KY 411.190: KY State Recreational Users Statute applies.