The Lexington Senior Center and its satellite locations (Bell House, Charles Young Center and Black & Williams) are open to participants. COVID precautions remain in place at all locations: all participants and visitors are required to wear face masks, health screening questions are asked upon entering the centers and social distancing for all activities.
Arts and music classes
Arts and music classes have started again. Registration is required and a $10.60 materials fee will be collected for each class. Online registration is encouraged for those that are able to but you can register in person. Both online and in-person registration is on December 7, 2021, from 9 – 11 a.m.
What precautions are you taking to insure our safety?
- All staff members are required to take temperature and acknowledge they are free of COVID symptoms daily.
- Masks are currently required and available at the front desk.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available.
- All restrooms are cleaned and sanitized hourly.
- Social distancing is required and will be enforced for all group activities.
- Water fountains are for bottle refill use only.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will be performed after each activity.
- Aircuity technology is available through the Lexington Senior Center, which brings in fresh air from outside at regular intervals. Satellite centers will open windows where possible.
- Air cleaners/purifiers have been installed in the fitness center areas at the Lexington Senior Center.
What if I have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis?
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you remain at home and do not enter the senior center.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 please follow CDC guidelines and the Health Department recommendations and quarantine away from others.
- Contact the Lexington Senior Center and/or Satellite Centers if you recently participated and then tested positive for COVID-19.