Traffic Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of the city's computerized traffic control system, including first-line response for emergency signal repair.
- Issues permits to contractors and others for lane blockages, dumpster or storage container on the street and for block parties.
- Develops street lighting plans for pole replacements.
- Provides technical assistance and layout for signs and markings of new subdivision and commercial development plans.
- TE Standards and Guidelines for Developments
- Driveway guidelines
- Decorative street sign and posts guidelines
- Request fiber locates with our online process www.lexingtonky.gov/locates
Traffic Engineering will be installing multi-way stop sign controls and pavement markings at the intersection of Lane Allen Road at Georgian Way. The work is scheduled for Tuesday, August 11, weather permitting.
A section of Polo Club Boulevard will be closed to traffic on Thursday and Friday, July 9 and 10.
Traffic Engineering will be installing multi-way stop sign controls and pavement markings at the intersection of Blackford Parkway and Bay Springs Drive. The work is scheduled for Tuesday, July 14, weather permitting.