The publication of legal notice for Board of Adjustment hearings is required under KRS 100.263. Legal advertisements for each hearing will be posted here on or before the required notification date. If you have any questions, contact the Division of Planning at (859) 258-3160.
NOTICE is hereby given that the regular meeting of the Urban County Board of Adjustment, scheduled to be held on Monday, Oct. 12, 2020 at 1:30 p.m. will be held via video teleconference.
The media and public may view the hearing on LexTV Spectrum channel 185, MetroNet channel 3, Windstream channels 3 and 20, or via live stream.
Please utilize the following information to participate in this public hearing:
Webinar ID: 931 8925 2414
Call in Number
+1 (929) 436-2866
The agenda for the public hearing will include:
1. PLN-BOA-20-00044: MANOJ R. SHAHI – requests a variance to increase the allowable height of a fence in the front yard from 4’ to 6’ in a Planned Neighborhood Residential (R-3) zone, on property located at 3870 Boston Rd. (Council District 9)
2. PLN-BOA-20-00048: SHARON VROLIJK – requests a variance to reduce the required front setback for additional paved parking from 6’ to 0’, and an administrative appeal to allow greater than 50% of the required front yard to be paved in order to allow an existing driveway expansion to remain in a Planned Neighborhood Residential (R-3) zone, on property located at 809 Statesman Way. (Council District 5)
3. PLN-BOA-20-00049: TIMOTHY AND OPA JOHNSON - request a variance to reduce the required front yard setback from 300’ to 87’ in order to construct a new house in an Agricultural Rural (A-R) zone, on property located at 6701 Jacks Creek Pike. (Council District 12)
4. PLN-BOA-20-00050: PATRICK AND SHEILA WILKINSON – request a variance to reduce the required side yard setbacks from 25’ to 10’ in order to construct an addition in an Agricultural Rural (A-R) zone, on property located at 1180 Centerville Lane (Council District 12)
5. PLN-BOA-20-00051: SARA AND MATTHEW CAMPBELL – request a variance to decrease the minimum required side yard setback from 8’ to 2’ in order to allow a detached accessory structure to remain as constructed within the defined Infill & Redevelopment Area in Single Family Residential (R-1C)/Historic District Overlay (H-1) zones, on property located at 1623 Nicholasville Rd. (Council District 3)
6. PLN-BOA-20-00042: DOUG VESCIO – continuation of the public hearing to request a conditional use for a plant nursery in order to construct a new building at an existing plant nursery in an Agricultural Urban (A-U) zone, on property located at 901 Old Todds Rd. (Council District 7)
7. PLN-BOA-20-00046: LITTLE CHAMPS ACADEMY – requests a conditional use to establish a childcare facility in a Light Industrial (I-1) zone, on property located at 297 Ruccio Way. (Council District 9)
8. PLN-BOA-20-00045: NEWTOWN SPRINGS, LLC - requests an administrative appeal to transfer 22 square feet of signage from one allowable free-standing sign to another in order to construct a 72 square-foot free-standing sign on split-zoned property in Neighborhood Business (B-1)/Agricultural Urban (A-U) zones, on property located at 1445 Newtown Center Way. (Council District 1)
9. PLN-BOA-20-00047: LEXINGTON HOUSING FOR THE HANDICAPPED, DBA THE BOB BROWN HOUSE – requests an administrative appeal to change one legal non-conforming use (nursing home) to another (assisted living facility) in an Agricultural Rural (A-R) zone, on property located at 3057 N. Cleveland Rd. (Council District 12)
The full agenda will be available at lexingtonky.gov/calendar. Comments on these items may be submitted to the Division of Planning at the address listed below or email@example.com by Monday, Oct 12, 2020 at 10 a.m. For further information on these matters, or for persons with a disability who may need assistance in order to participate in the above meeting, please contact the Division of Planning, 101 E Vine St., Lexington, KY at 258‑3160.