Sep 21, 2019, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Listen Up! Lex is a new festival to amplify the voices of survivors of intimate partner and sexual violence, highlight the diversity of survivors and their experiences, and provide interactive opportunities for allies to support survivors.
The event will feature stories from survivors, music and spoken-word by local artists, survivor made crafts, information about local resources for survivors and those they love, and activates to help educate the community on ways to support survivors.
- The Wallace Sisters, music
- Tanyqua Oliver, spoken word
- Dewayne Smithers, spoken word
- Girl Project
- Nepali Song and Dance
- Lexi McCourt, spoken word
- Rebekah Berry, music
- Alex Winn-Marvin, dance
- Katie Gardner, empowerment self defense
- Selfie station w/SelfieBar
- Adopt a Dog w/Lexington Bully Rescue
- Clothesline Project w/UK's Violence Intervention and Prevention Center
- Register to vote w/Kentuckians for the Commonwealth
- What's Your Green Dot? w/Green Dot Lexington
- Button station w/Transy It's On Us
- Free Chair Massage w/Repose Therapeutic Massage Center
- Self care
- Lexington Lettering