Lexington's One-Stop Shop consolidates information for development permitting services into a single location. One building, one floor, and one stop means faster permits, great convenience, better communication, and a more timely response to customers.
Accela citizen portal
- Apply for over thirty different types of permits and services.
- Submit applications and plans for review and approval.
- Track the status of projects from site plan submittal through Certificate of Occupancy.
- Contact the One-Stop Shop for help with submitting and tracking applications with Accela.
Planning provides a vision and strategy that will allow Lexington to grow and prosper while preserving, protecting and enhancing existing neighborhoods, downtown and the rural Bluegrass cultural landscape.
Engineering oversees the design and construction of capital infrastructure projects, ensures new development is compliant with the community’s standards, and manages permitting within the public right-of-way.
- New development, redevelopment, construction, & demolition projects
- Do I need a Land Disturbance Permit?
- Permitting Packet for New Development & Redevelopment Projects in Fayette County
- Stormwater Manual 2016 (see main Engineering page for addenda)
- Infrastructure Development Process
- Right-of-Way Management
Traffic Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of the city’s computerized traffic control system, including first-line response for emergency signal repair.
Building Inspection’s goal is to ensure safe construction of projects by enforcing the Kentucky Building Code.