The Vacant Property Review Commission creates an annual list of vacant and dilapidated properties that are subject to additional property tax, and makes other recommendations regarding vacant property.
Commission members are appointed based on the membership requirements in the Code of Ordinances.
- Chip Crawford, Builder
- Chad Walker, Licensed Realtor ®
- Bill Johnston, Neighborhood Representative
- Joshua Carter, Lending Institution Representative
- Billie Mallory, At-Large Representative
- Kathy Plomin, Councilmember (Non-Voting)
- David O'Neill, PVA (Non-Voting)
Statutes and Ordinances
The Vacant Property Review Commission was created by Chapter 12-82 of the Code of Ordinances to identify blighted and deteriorated properties, to certify properties that are taxed as "abandoned urban property" under Chapter 7-39 through 7-43 of the Code of Ordinances, and to make other recommendations concerning vacant, abandoned, and blighted properties.
For more information on the statutes and ordinances that govern the Vacant Property Review Commission please follow the links below:
- Blighted and Deteriorated Properties (Kentucky Revised Statutes - 99.700 to 99.730
- Abandoned Urban Property Taxation (Kentucky Revised Statutes - 132.012)
- Vacant Property Review Commission (LFUCG Ordinances Chapter 12, Article IV)
- Taxation of Abandoned Urban Property (LFUCG Ordinances Chapter 7, Article IV)