Parks & Recreation
How we are keeping our programs safe during COVID
- Participants will complete a health assessment to include a temperature check prior to being allowed to enter program areas;
- Staff will be required to wear masks and other PPE when in close proximity to anyone while they work;
- Campers are required to wear face masks during indoor activities or when social distancing cannot be accomplished;
- Supplies are not shared between participants;
- Equipment that is shared during activity will be cleaned after each use;
- Activities are designed to maintain social distancing; and
- Program attendance limits are in place to ensure social distancing.
Jacobson Park boat docks
The boat dock at Jacobson Park has opened for 2020. You can learn about pricing, time-slots and more on the Jacobson Park page.
Lexington city golf courses have reopened with new social distancing guidelines in place. You can book a tee time for any course online.
Interested in volunteering for Lexington Parks & Recreation?
Trees and landscapes take on new meaning and energy in John Lackey’s paintings. See his “energized nature” for yourself starting in October at the Downtown Arts Center’s City Gallery.
The Kiddie Kapers & Company Dance program offers dance instruction to youth ages 2 – 18. Classes cover a mixture of traditional forms of dance including tap, jazz and ballet. Registration is currently taking place.
Lexington officially opened a new playground at Jacobson Park Wednesday, and judging from the reviews it’s already receiving from local experts .. children of all ages … it’s a success.