The health and safety of our community is our top focus. This page relays information from organizations across our community. We are sharing information so you can best protect yourself. We are preparing and sharing important verified information.
The coronavirus is a common virus. However, this new strain, COVID-19, is impacting communities across the globe.
Tips to help prevent and reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often
- If washing your hands isn't possible, utilize alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid others
- When sneezing or coughing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or do so into your elbow
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning sprays or wipes
Thank you for helping
We want to thank those who have donated personal protective equipment (PPE) and other personal safety items for our healthcare professionals, police, fire, community corrections, waste management, transit drivers and others needing special protection during the fight against COVID-19. Our community has come together to support the need for PPE. Many individuals have made donations – thank you for your help.
Below are businesses who have donated to this effort in Lexington. Donated to the City and don't see your company's name? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carnegie Center for Literacy & Learning
- Children of the Americas
- Confucius Institute
- Fayette County Public Schools
- Fayette Mall
- Hera Bio Labs
- James E. Pepper Distillery
- Jim Beam
- KY Chinese American Association
- Lexington Brewing & Distilling Company
- Lexington Public Library
- Logan's of Lexington
- Lynn Imaging
- Paris Church of Christ
- Pickett Brass
- Social Security Office
- Summit BioSciences
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky
- Transylvania University
- Wilderness Trail Distillery