Senior classes at the Bell House are free and open to all Fayette County residents ages 60 and over.
A schedule of activities can be found in the monthly newsletter.
Activities offered include
- Cards – Bridge
- Cultural and Creative Arts – Art (oils and watercolor, ceramics, adult coloring, piano, hand bells, choral
- Fitness – Aging with Grace, chair yoga, Strider's Walking Club, line dance, water fitness
- Social – Monday Club, special events, parties, activities
- Monday Club | 11:30 a.m., Monday
- Art Class | 9 a.m., Tuesday
- Piano Lessons | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Tuesday & Thursday
- Bell House Troubadours Choral Group | 10 – 11 a.m., Tuesday
- Chair Yoga | 2 p.m., Tuesday & Thursday
- Aging with Grace Exercise | 2 p.m., Monday
- Coloring Class | 2 p.m., Tuesday
- Ceramics | 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., Thursday
- Bridge | Noon, Friday
- Advanced Line Dance (at Carver Center) | 9 a.m., Friday
- Beginner Line Dance (at Carver Center) | 10:30 a.m., Friday
- Strider’s Walking Club Fayette Mall Food Court | 9:30 – 10:30 a.m., second Wednesday of the month
- AARP Driver Safety | 11:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., second Wednesday of the month, every other month (March, May, July, September, November)
- Water Fitness
Beaumont YMCA | 9 – 10 a.m., Tuesday & Thursday
Loudon YMCA | 9:30 - 10:30 a.m., Monday & Wednesday
Benefits of leisure activities for seniors
- Socialization through classes, activities and travel
- Creative expression opportunities through classes and activities
- Improved physical well-being through exercise and walking
- Develop sportsmanship with cards and other games
- Volunteer opportunities available
- Travel experiences offered for individuals and groups. Enjoy sights and unique locations with fellow travelers.
Inclement weather policy
Reminder: For your safety – When Fayette County Schools are cancelled for inclement weather, the programs at the Bell House will not meet. If school is on a delay, our programs will meet as scheduled.
AARP safe driver course
The AARP Safe Driving Course is the nation’s first and largest classroom refresher course designed for drivers 50 and over. Your insurance company may give you a discount once you have completed the class. Classes are the second Wednesday in March, May, July, September and November.
Price is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members, payable to AARP on the day of class.
Call the Bell House for more information and to sign up.
Martha McFarland, recreation specialist senior
Fax: (859) 266-2979