2016 Kentucky River Clean Sweep
Saturday, June 18 8:30 a.m.
Clays Ferry Boat Dock
Register here >>>
The Kentucky River remains one of our state’s greatest natural resources and serves as the drinking water source for Lexington. Unfortunately, waste tires, appliances, bottles, cans and other pollution can be found on the banks of the river. For the past 25 years, volunteers have met on the third Saturday in June to clean this litter and trash from the river. This year, our June date was rained out, so we're meeting in August.
River Sweep Reminders:
- Volunteers are provided with breakfast, lunch, a t-shirt, and a chance to win door prizes.
- Wear clothes that can get wet and sturdy shoes or boots.
- Bring a life jacket if you have one.
- All volunteers must sign a waiver on site.
- Volunteers who are under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
Click here to download the waiver.
River Sweep Photo Album
Last updated: 3/29/2016 1:46:35 PM