This Section works closely with the Divisions of Planning and Water Quality to ensure that new stormwater facilities, sanitary sewers, and roads are constructed to the community’s standards. The New Development staff employs the requirements of the Engineering Manuals, the Subdivision Regulations, and the Zoning Ordinance to monitor residential and commercial development for compliance. Other responsibilities of this section include:
- Evaluating the effects of development on floodplains
- Advising the Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment on engineering issues related to new development
- Ensuring that erosion control and proper lot drainage are maintained during construction
- Management of the Surety Account
Standard Drawing Information and Amendments
Attached are the latest editions of the LFUCG Standard Drawings for construction of storm sewers, sanitary sewers, streets and roads in Lexington-Fayette County. These drawings are to replace any and all other standard drawings previously issued by the Division of Engineering. These drawings became effective February 2000. Any project dedicated to public use must comply with or contain references to these Standard Drawings or revisions thereof where applicable.
Curb Box Inlets
With approval of the Design Engineer for new developments, straight tops may be used in lieu of radial tops for 10' curb box inlets located within a radius. If the straight tops are used, the front corners of the tops should fall in line with the radius. Under no circumstances should any part of the curb box extend into the sidewalk area.
Division of Engineering Manuals
In December 2000, the Urban County Council adopted the Division of Engineering Manuals. These manuals outline the criteria for design and construction of all future infrastructure within Fayette County. It is the intent of the Division of Engineering to provide developers and engineers convenient access to this material. Please check this site often for amendments.
Note: Some of these manuals are very large files and may take an extended amount of time to download.
- Procedures Manual for Infrastructure Development 2005
- Construction Inspection Manual 2005
- Geotechnical Manual 2005
- Roadway Manual 2005
- Sanitary Sewer and Pumping Station Manual 2009
- Stormwater Manual 2009
- Stormwater Management Low Impact Development Guidelines for New Development and Redevelopment
- Structures Manual 2005
Performance Bond Form To Be Used In Conjunction With Letter Of Credit Or Bond