Visit our new pilot site at
Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government

For a detailed instruction on how to obtain the most common permits and for FAQ's, please visit our Permit Guides webpage here:

Building Permit Fee Schedule: Web Page | PDF 


  • Plan Review / Commercial Permit Application: PDF
  • Plan Review Board: PDF
  • Requirements for Commercial Plan Submission: Web Page


New Residential

  • Single Family/Duplex Application Packet: PDF
  • Energy Conservation Certificate PDF
  • Affidavit of Sanitary Connections PDF

 Residential Remodeling, Additions and Accessory Structures

  • Residential Remodeling/Additions/Accessory Structures/Decks: PDF
    (One and two family, only) 
  • Residential Deck Guidelines Handout: PDF


  • Wrecking Permit Application: PDF
  •  General Demolition Requirements: PDF
  • Guidelines for Demolition Permits Containing Asbestos: PDF 


  • Sign Permit Application: PDF

Swimming Pools

  • Swimming Pool Permit Application: PDF


  • Fence/Retaining Wall Permit Application: PDF 
  • General Fence/Retaining Wall Permit Guidelines: PDF


Grading Permits are issued by the Division of Building Inspection upon receipt of an approval from the Division of Engineering. For information on Grading Permit Approval, contact Engineering at (859)258-3410. 

Tank Installations (Above/Below Ground)
Tank Installation Permits are issued upon receipt of an approval from the State Fire Marshal's Office. Phone (502) 564-8090 for informtion. Approval is also required from the Division of Emergency and Environmental Management (DEEM). Call (859) 258-3784. 

Outdoor Seating

  • Outdoor Seating Application: PDF


These permit applications are in effect as of March 1, 2015

  • Commercial New & Replacement HVAC Permit Application: PDF  or Word Doc
  • Multi-Family New & Replacement HVAC Application: PDF or Word Doc
  • One & Two Family New HVAC Application: PDF or Word Doc

 Existing Residential (One & Two Family) replacement HVAC permits will still be sold in bulk by permit stamps, with a price change:

$105 per a 1 & 2 Family Residence Replacement.


  • Kennel Zoning Approval Application: PDF

Temporary Structures

  • Temporary Structure Application: PDF


Sidewalk Cafes

  • Sidewalk Cafe Application: PDF


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download WinZip Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
Last updated: 9/30/2015 2:30:25 PM