Shevawn Akers is in her first term as Second District Council Member. She brings enthusiasm, passion and integrity to Council. In addition to her Council position, she is also the Manager of Community Engagement for Volunteers of America.
Shevawn is a twice alum from the University of Kentucky, earning a Bachelors degree in Social Work, with a minor in psychology in 1999; later returning to earn a Masters in social work in 2008, with an emphasis in Family and Community.
Council Member Akers currently serves on the following boards, commissions and committees:
• Corridors Commission
• Masterson Station Park Advisory Board
• West End Community Partners (Partners for Youth)
• Environmental Quality Committee
• General Government Committee
• Public Safety Committee
• Social Services Committee
Map of the District