2012 Leaf Collection facts
- This program is for those residents of Fayette County who are in the Urban Services
Area. Those who receive trash collection through the Lexington-Fayette Urban County
Government Division of Waste Management qualify for this service. Residents who
have private collection or other services for trash collection do not get leaf collection.
- Residential service will begin on Monday, November 26, 2012, for one collection only.
- The Division of Streets and Roads will administer the leaf collection program.
- Crews use eleven truck/vacuum units.
- The service area is divided into four areas or zones. Each zone will be serviced one
time in 2012. Visit the LFUCG website (www.Lexingtonky.gov/leaves) to determine the
day your zone will begin leaf collection.
- Leaves will be collected in Zone A which is in the southern part of the city beginning
Monday, November 26.
- Leaves will be collected in Zone B which is in the western part of the city beginning
Monday, December 10.
- Leaves will be collected in Zone C which is in the northern part of the city beginning
Monday, December 17.
- Leaves will be collected in Zone D which is in the eastern part of the city beginning
Monday, December 3.
- Every street in the Urban Service area will be covered only one time in 2012.
- Leaves will not be picked up when cars and other vehicles are parked on the street in
front of leaves. By preventing access to picking up leaves, you will not have your
leaves picked up.
- Do not rake leaves into the street. This is hazardous and unsightly and could bring a
citation and/or fine.
- The target date for completion is the end of the year. Inclement weather will be a factor
for determining the completion date of leaf season.
Last updated: 11/8/2012 10:19:56 AM