This 12,000 square foot facility features a variety of ramps, platforms, bowls and pipes. It offers a great skating experience for beginners while at the same time it challenges the most experienced skaters. This facility is open to the public year round at no charge. We at Parks & Recreation strongly recommend that safety equipment be used at all times and patrons not use the facility during inclement weather. This is a skate park only – not a bike park.
Woodland Park, as well as the skate park, will close each evening at dark.
Kirklevington Skate Park, our new facility, is the first of its kind in Lexington. It features a variety of “street” elements for skateboarders instead of ramps and other typical obstacles. This skate park was designed to offer obstacles and components that are different than those found at Woodland Skate Park while at the same time being complementary. This facility includes skateable benches, jersey barrier, grinding rail, concrete boxes and a variety of other obstacles for both beginners and more advanced skaters. Kirklevington Skate Park was built in July 2012 and is free and open to the public.
Kirklevington Skate Park and Kirklevington Park will close each evening at dark.
|Rules & Regulations
- Know your abilities and skate at your own risk.
- Children, 17 and under, should have parental supervision.
- This is a skate park only, not a bike park.
- Skating permitted during park hours only.
- Users are encouraged to wear helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads.
- Horseplay, shoving, and/or fighting will not be tolerated.
- Glass containers not allowed within the fenced skating area.
- No other items such as benches, tables, or other objects may be used as ramps or jumps in this facility.
- No skating against traffic on ramps/pipes.
- Do not proceed down a ramp until clear of other skaters.
- Certain weather conditions such as snow, ice, or wet surfaces can affect ramps and surface conditions.
- Please do not overcrowd facility.
- Smoking, eating and drinking allowed outside of facility only.
- No spectators inside skating area.
- KRS KY 411.190: KY State Recreational Users Statute applies
Last updated: 1/4/2013 11:31:47 AM