PREVIOUS GRANT PROJECT: New Beginning Church of God in Christ – community garden.
A sustainable community effort consists of a long-term integrated approach to developing and achieving a healthy community by addressing economic, environmental and social issues. The goal of sustainability is to meet the needs we have today without sacrificing the needs of our future.
The Neighborhood Community and Sustainability Gants offer funding to community gardens, streamside restoration, recycling programs, cleanups and other projects that promote sustainability in our community.
Eligible applicants may apply for a maximum amount of $5,000. These are 50% matching grants. A match can be materials or in-kind services or a combination of both.Eligible projects will meet the following criteria:
- Enhances the environmental quality of some aspect of the neighborhood or community
- Relates to sustainability principles
- Complies with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Is nonprofit in nature
- Has a lasting and/or direct benefit to the community
- Is located in Fayette County