Lexington is fortunate to have four locations where puppies and adult dogs can exercise and not endanger themselves or others. Well-exercised dogs are less likely to engage in nuisance behaviors such as constant barking. In addition, dogs that have frequent contact with other dogs and humans are calmer and tend to have better social manners. Dog Parks also provide a place where dog owners can socialize and make new friends they would not have otherwise met.
The dog parks are located at Jacobson, Masterson Station, Wellington and Coldstream parks.
- Jacobson Park is approximately 4 acres that include a doggie water fountain and benches.
- Masterson Station Dog Park has two paddocks that total 16 acres. One paddock has tree cover and a doggie water fountain with benches, while the second paddock is open.
- Wellington Dog Park offers two paddocks approximately 3 ½ acres each that include shaded areas and a doggie water fountain is available as you approach the paddocks.
- Coldstream Dog Park has two paddocks that total 12 acres. *NEW* Coldstream now has a doggie water fountain.
Rules for Dog Park Use
- Owners are legally responsible for the actions of their dog(s)
- Dog waste must be cleaned up by owners
- “Off-leash” does not mean unsupervised. Owners must be within the park and within view of their dog(s) at all times
- Aggressive dogs must be leashed and removed immediately Dog owners must have a leash available at all times
- All children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult
- Small children must be kept under strict supervision by an adult
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the dog park
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited
- Owners must fill any holes dogs dig
- All dogs must have proof of appropriate licensing and vaccinations
- Please do not bring food for yourself or your dog inside the dog park
- ALL DOG OWNERS THAT FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES CAN BE ASKED TO LEAVE BY PARKS PERSONNEL OR LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS
If you observe aggressive dog behavior or have animal care concerns, please call Lexington Fayette Animal Care & Control at (859) 255-9033 during their normal business hours, Mon-Fri 8:00am -6:00pm and Sunday 9:00am-6:00 pm. Please leave a voice message for after hours questions. Visit www.lfacc.org for additional information on animal care and control in Fayette County.