May 17-24, 2013
Work done between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., unless otherwise noted
The celebration of Bike Lexington on Saturday, May 18, at the Robert F. Stephens Courthouse Plaza in downtown Lexington will result in closing the following streets from 8 a. m. to noon:
· Limestone Street between Main and Barr streets;
· Short Street between Upper and Martin Luther King Boulevard.
Traffic could be congested in the downtown area near Fifth-Third Pavilion at Cheapside Park from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, May 18, for the Lexington Farmers’ Market.
Traffic could be congested near Fifth-Third Pavilion at Cheapside Park for Central Bank Thursday Night Live, which will be held from 4:30-8 p.m. Thursday, May 23.
The Division of Engineering issued grading permits during the period May 10-16 for the following addresses: 1970 Winchester Road, 3543 Tates Creek Road and 2560 Sir Barton Way. Permits are issued for six months and can include some blasting.
SIGNIFICANT TRAFFIC IMPACT
Portions of the following streets will be blocked at times through Saturday, May 25, for milling and paving:
- Chestnut Street between East Sixth Street and East Seventh Street;
- DeWeese Street between East Main Street and East Short Street;
- East Loudon Avenue between Bryan Avenue and Idlewild Court;
- Effie Road between Erie Road and Bamberger Road;
- Elm Tree Lane between East Short Street and West Fourth Street;
- Emerson Drive at Meadow Lane;
- Meadow Lane between Emerson Drive and East New Circle Road;
- Ohio Street between East Third Street and East Seventh Street;
- Radcliffe Road between Rye Lane and Haggard Lane;
- Shandon Drive between Parkside Drive and Burgoyne Drive;
- Silver Lane between Thurman Drive and Lin Wal Road;
- West Short Street between DeWeese Street and Elm Tree Lane;
- Warnock Street between East Second Street and East Third Street;
- Withrow Way between East Third Street and Grinstead Street.
The right outbound lane of Winchester Road will be blocked between Dayton Avenue and Liberty Road through Friday, May 31, for utility work.
DeRoode Street will be CLOSED between Versailles Road and McKinley Street 24 hours a day through December 31, for work on the Newtown Pike extension project. Motorists can access the neighborhood from Merino Street to McKinley Street to Byars Alley.
MODERATE TRAFFIC IMPACT
The sidewalk of Carlisle Avenue will be closed between Bryan Avenue and Oak Hill Drive through Saturday, June 1, for culvert work.
Traffic on Industry Road will be diverted as needed at Durman Drive through Monday, May 20, for sewer work.
Hernando Alley will be CLOSED between East Vine Street and Water Street 24 hours a day from Monday, May 20, through Friday, May 31, for construction work.
The sidewalk on Rose Street will be blocked at Water Street on Monday, May 20, and Tuesday, May 21, for cable work.
The right lane of Wilson Downing Road will be closed between Nicholasville Road and Brigadoon Parkway from Tuesday, May 21, through Friday, May 24, to replace utility poles.
The northbound right turn lane of Winthrop Drive will be blocked 24 hours a day at Man O. War Boulevard through Friday, May 24, for utility work.
Lanes of Locust Avenue will be blocked as needed between Oak Hill Drive and Bryan Avenue through Friday, May 31, for utility work.
NOTE: Citizens can call the Traffic Hotline through the city’s Traffic Management Center at 258-3611 to hear traffic updates or check local road conditions. The public can get information on accidents, lane blockages, snow and ice trouble spots and road closures through Twitter (@lexwrecks) or through the Crosstown Traffic Show. The show broadcasts live from 6:30-8:30 a.m. weekday mornings on cable GTV3.