The Department of Finance strives to:
- ensure that the Government’s financial resources are collected, invested and distributed in a fiscally responsible manner
- provide financial/fiscal oversight by reviewing operations and preparing monthly, quarterly, or annual reports
- provide support service to the other departments and government programs.
This department includes the divisions of Accounting, Budgeting, Purchasing, and Revenue.
- Accounting: Maintains general accounting system, prepares budget reports and is responsible for paying all invoices.
- Budgeting: Prepares annual operating and capital improvement budgets, provides periodic reviews of various budgets, conducts studies and prepares long range forecasts.
- Purchasing: Handles major purchases for the city; equipment inventories; surplus property sales and dispositions.
- Revenue: Responsible for collection of income, revenues and monies due the city.
View the Current Year Budget
View the Current CAFR Report