What is Suspicious Activity?
- Persons asking unusual questions about building security;
- Persons taking pictures or video of buildings, bridges or other locations;
- Persons asking detailed questions about the schedules of public transportation;
- Persons seen timing the arrival/departure of public transportation;
- Persons seen loitering around non-public areas around reservoirs, water treatment plants, dams or power plants;
- Persons watching a building for extended periods of time;
- Suspicious vehicles parked in unusual places or at unusual times.
Keeping Lexington safe begins at home... your home. If you see any type of suspicious activity in your community, you can report it to the Lexington Division of Police (859) 258-3600 or
1-866-EYE-ON-KY is an anonymous tip line, which allows Kentuckians to report any suspicious criminal or terrorist activity they see. The tip line is sponsored by the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security and the Kentucky Intelligence Fusion Center.
To view brochure, click here.
Additionally, you can prepare yourself and your family for any type of emergency – natural or man-made – by preparing a family disaster plan and emergency supply kit. You’ll find all the information you need by visiting www.ProtectYourFamily.ky.gov.
Current Level: ELEVATED (Yellow)